LIFT New Supply
The New Supply Shared Equity scheme (NSSE) aims to help people on low to moderate incomes to buy an affordable new build home.
Covid-19: Shared Equity Schemes operated by Link on behalf of the Scottish Government remain open, with staff working from home. Please check this web page regularly for updates.
With the NSSE scheme, eligible applicants can buy a new home from Link that has been built for shared equity sale.
This means applicants fund the majority share of the purchase of their property and own the property outright, with the Scottish Government holding the remaining share of the property under a shared equity agreement.
For example, if you pay for 70% of your home, the Scottish Government will pay for and hold 30% of the share. You also have the opportunity to increase your share up to 100% in the future.
The scheme is aimed at households on low to moderate incomes, who can demonstrate they can’t buy a new build house to suit their needs without help from the NSSE scheme.
The scheme is available to all first-time buyers, however, priority is given to:
- people aged over 60
- social renters (people who rent from the council or a housing association)
- disabled people
- members of the armed forces
- veterans who have left the armed forces within the past two years
- widows, widowers and other partners of service personnel for up to two years after their partner lost their life while serving
- people who have previously owned a home and have experienced a significant change in circumstances, for example, a marital breakdown.
For further information about the criteria for the NSSE scheme, please visit the Scottish Government's website.
Click below to view our upcoming developments and register your interest: