New Supply Shared Equity
The New Supply Shared Equity Scheme aims to help people on low to moderate incomes buy a new build home which is affordable for their needs.
Through the New Supply Shared Equity Scheme (NSSE) scheme, eligible applicants can buy a new home from Link that have been built for shared equity sale.
This means that applicants fund the majority share of the purchase of their property and own the property outright, with the Scottish Government holding the remaining share of the property under a shared equity agreement.
For example, if you pay for 70% of your home, the Scottish Government will pay for and hold 30% of the share. You also have the opportunity to increase your share up to 100% in the future.
Do you qualify?
The scheme is aimed at households on low to moderate incomes, who can demonstrate that they can’t buy a new build house to suit their needs without help from the NSSE scheme.
The scheme is available to first-time buyers. However, priority is given to:
- social renters (people who rent from the council or a housing association)
- disabled people
- members of the armed forces
- veterans who have left the armed forces within the past two years
- widows, widowers and other partners of service personnel for up to two years after their partner lost their life while serving
- people who have previously owned a home and have experienced a significant change in circumstances for example, a marital breakdown.
For further information about the criteria for the NSSE scheme , please visit the Scottish Government website.
I meet the criteria, what do I do now?
We are currently building properties for New Supply Shared Equity sale at the following developments:
- Thrushcraigs Crescent, Paisley
- Abbey Place, Paisley
- Mollins Gate, Moodiesburn
- City Park Phase 3, Edinburgh
If you are interested in one of our NSSE properties, please click on the relevant development above. This will take you to more information about the development and where you can complete a form to register your interest.
If you find a plot that you would like to purchase, we require a £250 deposit to secure it. Upon receiving the deposit, we will issue you with the online NSSE application form.
As part of the application form, we require information about:
- your current income
- the size of mortgage you'll be able to afford
- how much of a personal contribution you'll be able to make to the cost
- information about your household and current accommodation
Once we have received your application we will get in touch with you within 14 working days to tell you whether or not you qualify and to tell you the next steps to buying your new home.
Contact the NSSE team