New Supply Shared Equity
The New Supply Shared Equity Scheme aims to help people on low to moderate incomes buy a new build home which is affordable for their needs.
With the New Supply Shared Equity Scheme (NSSE) scheme, eligible applicants can buy a new home from Link that has been built for shared equity sale.
This means that applicants fund the majority share of the purchase of their property and own the property outright, with the Scottish Government holding the remaining share of the property under a shared equity agreement.
For example, if you pay for 70% of your home, the Scottish Government will pay for and hold 30% of the share. You also have the opportunity to increase your share up to 100% in the future.
Do you qualify?
The scheme is aimed at households on low to moderate incomes, who can demonstrate that they can’t buy a new build house to suit their needs without help from the NSSE scheme.
The scheme is available to first-time buyers. However, priority is given to:
- social renters (people who rent from the council or a housing association)
- disabled people
- members of the armed forces
- veterans who have left the armed forces within the past two years
- widows, widowers and other partners of service personnel for up to two years after their partner lost their life while serving
- people who have previously owned a home and have experienced a significant change in circumstances for example, a marital breakdown.
For further information about the criteria for the NSSE scheme , please visit the Scottish Government website.
I meet the criteria, what do I do now?
We currently do not have any properties available for sale. If any properties become available we will advertise them on our website and on third party websites, Zoopla and S1 Homes.
Contact the NSSE team