Glenforth Court, South Queensferry (Two Bedroom Flat)
Link Group has 15 two-bedroom retirement apartments available for sale through the Scottish Government's New Supply Shared Equity scheme at Glenforth Court, South Queensferry.
Link Group is delighted to offer a brand new, low-cost home ownership opportunity in South Queensferry. Glenforth Court is a retirement living development, providing 22 new-build one and two-bedroom apartments.
An opportunity to purchase a retirement apartment through the Scottish Government's New Supply Shared Equity Scheme (NSSE). Buyers can purchase an equity stake in the property of between 51% and 90%, subject to criteria. The scheme is open to buyers 60 years of age and over who can live independently.
Located in South Queensferry, Glenforth Court provides affordable homes within easy reach of a variety of local amenities and transport links. The development is within 0.1 miles of a Tesco Superstore, which includes a café, and is less than 1 mile walk or drive from the picturesque town centre, where you can find a range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants.
Glenforth Court is well served by Lothian Buses. A bus stop outside the development provides access to the town centre (8 minutes bus journey), Dalmeny Railway Station (13 minutes) and Edinburgh city centre (41 minutes to Princes Street - West).
You and your family can enjoy the communal outdoor space and lounge as great places to socialise with other residents. We offer a mobility scooter storing area for recharging batteries and private parking onsite. A part-time property care assistant will look after the cleaning of communal areas (included in the service charge).
Two-bedroom apartments at Glenforth Court comprise of:
- Two double bedrooms, both with built in wardrobe
- Open plan kitchen and living area
- Quality high gloss white kitchen with wooden block effect worktop
- Stainless-steel electric oven, induction hob and extractor fan (Energy Rating A) Cooker hood
- Washer/ dryer (Energy Rating A)
- Shower room with contemporary tiled bathroom with level access shower tray and glass screen and extractor ventilation
- Double glazing
- Energy efficient gas central heating with 5 year parts and labour warranty
- Telephone and television point in living room and main bedroom
- Sky/Sky Q connection point in living room
- Easy to reach power points and light switches
- Spacious hallways with storage cupboards and wheelchair accessible doorways
- Video controlled entry system to flat with handset located in hall
- Mains connected smoke detector
- Carbon monoxide detector
- EPC rating: B
- Council tax band: D
- Shared outdoor space for socialising
- Shared lounge
- Two lifts providing access to all floors
- Landscaped gardens with raised flower beds
- Mobility scooter store and cycle area
- Residents car parking available on site
- Part-time property care assistant to clean shared areas
- Pets allowed
- Step free access to the building
- NHBC build warranty
- Bus stop within 1-minute walk
- Walking distance to Tesco, local hotel and restaurant
Glenforth Court, Ferrymuir, South Queensferry, EH30 9BQ
Two-bedroom, 2nd and 3rd floor retirement apartments
Prices from £165,000 (buyer contributions from £84,150)
(Please note, all properties will be liable to pay a monthly management fee of approximately £55 - £70.)
How to apply
Applications for properties at Glenforth Court opened on 07 January 2021. Phone 01324 417 135 to reserve a property.
The New Supply Shared Equity (NSSE) scheme is a shared equity scheme from the Scottish Government, which was introduced to help people on low to moderate incomes buy an affordable new build home.
Through the NSSE scheme you can buy a new build home without having to fund its entire cost. You pay for the biggest share – between 51% and 90% of the home's cost – and the Scottish Government will fund the remaining share, which is held under a 'shared equity agreement'.
Eligible applicants can apply for funding of between 10% and 49% of the purchase price of a new build home at Glenforth Court.
To purchase a property at Glenforth Court, you must first reserve a plot by phoning Link Housing on 01324 417 135 and pay a £250 reservation fee. You will then be sent an online application form for the NSSE scheme.
As part of the application, you will need to provide:
- Your current income including any pensions
- The level of mortgage you will be able to afford (if taking a mortgage)
- The level of personal contribution you will be able to make to the cost. You may keep £5,000 of any personal contribution you can make (e.g. from savings), above this, 90% of the balance will be treated as a contribution towards the cost of buying your home.
- Information about your household and current accommodation
If your application to the NSSE scheme is unsuccessful and Link cannot proceed with your application, the full reservation fee will be refunded.
If a reservation fee is paid and your application is accepted, but you later choose to withdraw, £100 will be refunded.