Mid market rent
Mid market rent properties have a monthly cost that is lower than the normal market. They are popular with people saving to buy a home and for those unlikely to be able to access social housing.
These properties are aimed at households who have low to moderate incomes who wish to rent a property with the flexibility of a Short Assured Tenancy.
To qualify, at the point of let, prospective tenants should normally be employed within the area and must meet the household income criteria stated on the advert. Flexibility can be applied, for example, where there is a person in the household with a disability and with access to capital or other funds where it would result in a sustainable tenancy.
Properties are advertised on our website and a link to the application form can be found within the property advert.
What you need to know
- Properties are let on a Short Assured Tenancy, initially for six months and although the terms of this are never permanent, subject to meeting tenancy conditions, many of our mid market tenants stay long term.
- A security deposit is payable with the first month’s rent in advance
- Each home comes with floor coverings, blinds and kitchen white goods
- We don’t currently provide student accommodation
- Three months’ payslips are required with your application for an affordability assessment