Mellor Place, Tinkers Lane, Motherwell
Link has 9 brand-new one-bedroom apartments for sale through the Scottish Government's New Supply Shared Equity (NSSE) scheme at Mellor Place (off Tinkers Lane) in Motherwell. Various floors available.
Properties are expected to be available from mid-November (block 5) and February 2022 (block 4). As is common with new build developments, these dates are subject to change.
Link is delighted to offer 16 brand-new one and two-bedroom apartments for New Supply Shared Equity sale at Mellor Place, Motherwell. The development also includes 52 homes for general needs affordable rent.
Mellor Place is located off Tinkers Lane and is within 0.5 miles of Motherwell town centre, providing buyers with modern apartment living within easy reach of the wide range of restaurants, cafes, bars, and shops – including the Motherwell Shopping Centre – that the area has to offer. The nearby town of Hamilton (2.5 miles), which can be reached by car, rail or bus links, provides further shopping and leisure opportunities.
North Lanarkshire’s iconic Strathclyde Country Park is just 0.5 miles from Mellor Place; home to M&Ds theme park, as well as Strathclyde loch and water sports centre, adventure playgrounds and miles of nature trails to be enjoyed.
The development is well served by local transport links. Motherwell Railway Station, part of the West Coast Mainline which includes services to Glasgow and Edinburgh, and access to the M74 motorway are within 1 mile of the development. Bus stops providing regular local services are also available on Hamilton Road (0.1 miles).
New Supply Shared Equity (NSSE)
New Supply Shared Equity (NSSE) provides an opportunity to purchase a brand new home without having to fund the whole purchase price. Apartments for NSSE sale at Mellor Place are available in one and two-bedroom layouts within Blocks 4 and 5. All apartments have excellent storage and natural light, gas central heating, double glazing, and ample resident’s parking.
Through the Scottish Government’s NSSE scheme, buyers can purchase a stake in the property of between 60% and 80%, subject to their suitability and scheme criteria.
One bedroom apartments comprise of:
- One double bedroom with fitted wardrobes
- Open plan or separate kitchen and living room
- Fully fitted kitchen with white goods package including integrated electric oven, hob, cooker hood and washer dryer
- Bathroom with 9.8kw Mira Sport electric shower over bath (ground floor properties have shower rooms)
- Double glazing
- Combi boiler gas central heating
- Video entry system
- Residents parking
- Communal garden with maintained grassed areas
- EPC: B
- Council tax band: TBC
Properties at Mellor Place will be factored by Hacking & Patterson (communal ground maintenance) and Link (internal communal areas). Each property will pay:
Factoring float: £450
Monthly factoring fee: approximately £70 - £80 per month for a one bedroom apartment and £80 - £90 per month for a two bedroom apartment.
One-bedroom apartment, various floors available
Expected to be available from late-November (block 5) and late-March 2022 (block 4)
Prices from £100,000, with buyer contributions from £60,000
See here for full pricing information.
Apply for a property
To reserve a property, you must first apply to the NSSE scheme. Please complete the online application form, which can be found only on the Link Housing Website, within the property advert.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01324 417 135.
To reserve a property, please complete an application form stating which plot you would like to reserve (you can include a first and second choice - please refer to the sales brochure for details of each plot). Plots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis on receipt of a complete application with supporting documents. Applications will only be assessed when all supporting documents have been received.
To support your application, you are required to provide the following documents for all applicants, regardless of if they are named on the mortgage:
- One mortgage decision in principle, unless you are over 60 and applying without a mortgage
- Your most recent 3 months’ bank statements for all savings held for each applicant
- Your most recent 3 months’ (or 12 weeks) payslips for each applicant
- If you are self-employed, a copy of your last years accounts or most recent SA302 tax form
- Your most recent award notice for any benefit payments including Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit and Personal Independence Payment
- Confirmation of all savings held for each applicant
- Proof of accommodation status such as tenancy agreement, mortgage redemption statement or letter from parent or guardian if living with them
- If you have a disability, a letter or report from a medical professional, such as a Consultant or your GP, advising what your housing need is and why your current home is unsuitable (e.g. you are unable to manage the stairs or require a bedroom on ground floor)
- If you have left the Armed Forces within the last two years, a discharge letter or other official document showing the date you left
Please ensure you have all of this information before proceeding with an application form.
If your application is successful, we will contact you and request that you pay a reservation fee of £250 to secure the property. If you choose to withdraw your application after you have paid the reservation fee, £100 will be refunded.
Click here for more information on buying a home through the NSSE scheme.
Apply to the New Supply Shared Equity (NSSE) scheme.
Register your interest in NSSE at Tinkers Lane
Receive news and updated on properties for sale at Tinkers Lane. Register your interest today.
Find out more about New Supply Shared Equity
Click here for more information about the New Supply Shared Equity scheme.