Sell your shares
If your circumstances change, you may be able to ask us to buy back your share of your property.
Before you do this, we recommend you seek independent financial advice about your circumstances.
If you wish to request for us to buy back your share of the property, you must meet with the qualifying criteria for at least one of the following:
- The sharing owner is at risk of losing their home due to an irrecoverable mortgage default or unsustainable debt with no realistic prospect of increasing their income, in order to remain in the property as a tenant
- Following the death of a joint sharing owner, the surviving partner, spouse or parent is unable to maintain mortgage payments
- A sharing owner who wishes to remain in the property after being subject to domestic violence and the violent partner has left the property
- Sharing owners with an increasing disability or serious health problems. The share may be repurchased to facilitate a move to a more suitable property or to enable the sharing owner to become a tenant and access any necessary adaptations
- I'm eligible, what do I do now?
If you meet with the criteria, you can request an application form from Link. You will have to provide evidence to demonstrate you meet with the criteria and that you have explored all other options.
Your property will need to be valued by an accredited surveyor and an offer to buy the property will be based on the current market value of your share of the property. Any reasonable repairs costs will be taken into consideration.
Please note, a buy back request is not guaranteed and will only be approved if a sound business case can be established by Link.
- My application was successful, what now?
If your application is successful you will be responsible for meeting all costs associated with selling your share of your shared ownership property.
For more information about this process, please contact our shared ownership team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01324 417155.