We oversee maintenance, repairs and improvements to the common areas of properties. We work with you to ensure that these are maintained to a high standard by providing a flexible high quality and cost efficient service. Find out more about our factoring services.
- What data we need
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we process the following information about you:
- Correspondence address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Why we need it
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to enable us to respond to your factoring query and complaints made
- to analyse the customer feedback we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business including debt recovery
- to contact you for your views on our services.
- Where we store your data
We store your data on a variety of secure IT systems, databases and filing systems including Microsoft, Google, Aareon, Filestream, and in secure locked cabinets within Link’s offices.
- How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Document Type Retention Period Invoices Current year + 10 years Communication – non financial Current year + 1 year after sale of property and balance cleared
Current year + 6 years after sale of property and balance cleared
Complaint information – non financial
Current year + 3 years after sale of property and balance cleared
Our full retention schedule is available here.
- What’s the legal justification?
Data type Condition of Processing Invoices Contractual/Legal Obligation/Legitimate Interest Communication – non financial Contractual/Legal Obligation/Legitimate Interest Consultations Contractual/Legal Obligation/Legitimate Interest Complaint information Contractual/Legal Obligation/Legitimate Interest
- Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- Repairs, maintenance, landscaping and other contractors,
- Housing management system providers,
- Survey contractors, solicitors, sheriff officers, and debt collection agencies.
- First-tier Tribunal (Housing and Property Chamber)
- Insurance providers
- Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Payments made by you to us
- Track and trace information from sheriff officer in the event of arrears collection
- Complaint information from a representative on your behalf
- Updating your information
If your details change, please contact the Factoring team on 01324 417 141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.
- Data Protection Officer
You can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com or by post to Link House, 2c New Mart Road, Edinburgh EH14 14L.
- Changes to our privacy notice
Our privacy notice is regularly kept up to date and this version was updated on 8 November 2021. The latest full version is always available from our website.