Shared Ownership is designed to help people get on to the property market by offering properties at 25%, 50% and 75% ownership with Link retaining the remaining share. Owners must fund their share through a combination of mortgage and deposit.
- What data we need
What data we need
Owners are also responsible for paying an occupancy charge for the share retained by Link. Owners have the opportunity to increase their stake in future years until they eventually become outright owners of the property.
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we process the following information about you:
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- National insurance number
- Date of birth
- Next of kin
- Financial information – including income verification, benefits payments and bank statements
- Equalities monitoring information – including ethnic origin, disability information and sexuality, for statistical monitoring only.
- Details of household members intending to reside with you, including name(s), date(s) of birth and their relationship to you
- Why we need it
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to enable us to respond to your housing application and complaints made
- to analyse what we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business including debt recovery
- to contact you for your views on our services.
- Where we store your data
We store your data on a variety of secure IT systems, databases and filing systems including Microsoft, Google, Aareon, Filestream, ACT, Jadu and in secure locked cabinets within C~urb's offices.
- How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Document Type Retention Period Application information not relating to ownership – including application form and any supporting evidence (e.g. wage slips and bank statements) Current calendar year plus one Ownership information – including occupancy agreement, details of household, NI number, employer information Current calendar year plus one from the end of your shared ownership agreement or a clear account (whichever is later) Complaints information Current calendar year plus 5 years
Our full retention schedule is available here.
- What’s the legal justification?
Data Type Condition of Processing Application information not relating to ownership – including application form and any supporting evidence (e.g. wage slips and bank statements)
Legal ObligationLegitimate Interests
Ownership information – including occupancy agreement, details of household, NI number, employer information
- Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you.
C~urb 6 Limited will provide all management services on behalf of Link Group including the following:
- Repairs, maintenance, landscaping and other contractors, housing management system providers, survey contractors, solicitors, debt collection agencies, sheriff officers, First-tier Tribunal (Housing and Property Chamber), the registered landlord of the property and insurance providers.
- Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit
- Payments made by you to us
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us, including information obtained from Police Scotland
- Updating your information
If your details change, please contact Shared Ownership on 01324 417 141 or email email@example.com to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.
- Data Protection Officer
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Link House, 2c New Mart Road, Edinburgh EH14 14L.
- Changes to our privacy notice
Our privacy notice is regularly kept up to date and this version was updated on 4 April 2022. The latest full version is always available from our website.