Older Persons' service tenants
Link's Older Persons' service is committed to providing housing for older people that helps them to lead independent lives.
Link is registered with the Care Inspectorate to provide Housing Support.
- What data we need
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we process the following information about you:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- National Insurance Number
- Date of birth
- Next of Kin name, address and contact details
- Health and disability information which may be relevant to your tenancy
- Why we need it
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to enable our Telecare providers to respond to any calls that are made via the emergency alarm system when the Sheltered Housing Officer is off duty, at evenings and weekends
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application and complaints made
- to analyse the what we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- to contact you for your views on our services.
- Where we store your data
Your information will be held on Link’s secure Housing Management system – Aareon, and in our Electronic Document Management System – Filestream.
- How long we will keep your information
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Document Type Retention Period Tenancy Agreement Duration of tenancy Support Plan Duration of tenancy Next of kin information Duration of tenancy Health and Disability Information Duration of tenancy
Our full retention schedule is available here.
- What’s the legal justification?
We will process your personal data with your consent and special categories of personal data with your explicit consent. The details of your next of kin and GP details will be processed in your vital interests.
- Sharing your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- Housing Management system providers
- Care Inspectorate (if you live in sheltered housing and have given your consent)
- Telecare providers (emergency call system call centres)
- Local Authority Social Services/Care Agencies
- Repairs contractors
- Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit
- Payments made by you to us
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us, including information obtained from Police Scotland
- Reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour
- Information from Local Authority Social Services/Care Agencies where a care package is in place or an assessment of need is ongoing
- Updating your information
If your details change, please contact your Sheltered Housing Officer or Retirement Housing Officer to inform us of any change and to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.
- Data Protection Officer
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Link House, 2c New Mart Road, Edinburgh EH14 14L.
- Changes to our privacy notice
Our privacy notice is regularly kept up to date and this version was updated on 8 November 2021. The latest full version is always available from our website.