Link Private Sector Leasing (a trading name of Link Housing Association) provide a management service on behalf of the city of Edinburgh Council to manage all aspects of the Private Sector Leasing scheme on their behalf.
- What data we need
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we process the following information about you:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- National insurance number
- Next of kin
- Your bank account details
- Identification documents such as passport, driving license and birth certificates
- Buildings insurance and confirmation of property ownership
- Why we need it
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application and complaints made
- to analyse the what we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- to contact you for your views on our services.
- Where we store your data
We will store your information on Northgate and other Link Group computer systems.
- How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Document Type Retention Period Landlord Application Form 5 years after end of lease Landlord Registration Evidence 5 years after end of lease Property Lease 5 years after end of lease Notice of Acceptance 5 years after end of lease Notice of Extension 5 years after end of lease Notice of Termination 5 years after end of lease Property Inventory 5 years after end of lease Notice of Rent Suspension 5 years after end of lease Notes 5 years after end of lease Statutory Notices / Communal Repairs 5 years after end of lease Repair & Compliance Correspondence 5 years after end of lease Details of payments made and collected 5 years after end of lease Verification documents such as proof of ownership 5 years after end of lease
Our full retention schedule is available here.
- What’s the legal justification?
All personal data processed by Link PSL is done so under the contractual condition of processing. The lease agreement forms the contract between you and Link PSL as The City of Edinburgh Council’s managing agent. Any special category of personal data processed by Link PSL falls under the explicit consent condition of processing.
- Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- Repairs contractors
- Housing management computer system provider
- Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Payments made by you to us or by us to you
- Information from Landlord Registration
- Information from your lender
- Information from City of Edinburgh Council departments
- Updating your information
If your details change, please contact the Private Sector Leasing team on 0330 303 0087 to inform us to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.
- Data Protection Officer
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Link House, 2c New Mart Road, Edinburgh EH14 14L.
- Changes to our privacy notice
Our privacy notice is regularly kept up to date and this version was updated on 8 November 2021. The latest full version is always available from our website.