Moving into a PSL property
We will arrange for you to view a PSL property before you accept it and then will visit you seven days after you move in.
We ask that you bring some of the following documents to a property viewing as they are required to complete your tenancy paperwork should you accept a PSL property.
- 2 forms of identification such as a passport, driving licence or birth certificate
- Proof of income for the household, including earnings, any benefits and if you have any savings or property
- If there are adult non-dependants in your household, proof of their income or benefit status
- Proof of childcare costs
- Proof of residency if you are not a UK National - for example passport, visa or resident's permit
What are PSL properties like?
All the properties in the scheme are privately owned and usually one or two-bedroom furnished flats. Furnishings generally include:
- Living room - sofa, coffee table, dining table & chairs
- Kitchen - cooker (with oven & hob), fridge freezer and wall, base and sink units
- Bedroom - bed, mattresses, fabric bed base, wardrobe and a set of drawers
- Bathroom - bath or shower, wash-hand basin, toilet and a storage area
- Curtains/blinds for all windows
- Suitable floor covering for each room
- Vacuum cleaner
You will have to provide any personal belongings, bed linen, towels and kitchen utensils.
Moving in to your PSL tenancy
When you move in don't forget to:
- Make arrangements to pay your rent
- Choose and register with a gas and electricity supplier*
- Choose and register with a telephone provider
*We work with Citrus Energy who will help you find the best energy deals and talk you through the process to switch supplier. For more information call 0800 221 8089
We will visit you within seven days of you moving into your PSL tenancy. After this, you will be visited every eight weeks - or more frequently if you are aged 16 to 25.
Please make sure you are available for these visits. If you do miss a visit you will be left a calling card with details on how to rearrange the appointment.