Improvements to your home
We want to make sure our properties are kept to the highest standard and your home is healthy, safe and secure for you to live in.
This is part of our commitment to ensure that all of our properties meet the Scottish Housing Quality Standard – an agreed standard of good quality housing, which all local authorities and social landlords must meet.
Each year we carry out Stock Condition surveys which provide us with information about the internal and external areas of the properties we own. The surveys help us plan and prioritise the work that needs to be carried out to your homes over the next few years.
We will also make sure our homes meet the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing, developed by the Scottish Government, which aims to help improve the energy efficiency of the social housing stock in Scotland.
Each year we carry out work that we consider necessary to keep our properties and equipment in good repair and working order.
- Annual gas safety checks and maintenance of Link-owned gas appliances and carbon monoxide detectors
- Checking large water storage tanks regularly to minimise the risk of Legionnaires disease
- Maintaining communal landscaped areas
- Arranging contracts for maintenance and servicing of fire alarms, lifts, door entry systems, emergency lighting and warden call alarms
- Painting external elements of Link properties and internal communal areas
We also carry out ‘planned maintenance’ on our properties each year.
This is when items in your property are replaced when they can no longer be repaired or don’t meet an acceptable condition or quality.
- External doors and windows (property specific and communal)
- Central heating systems
- Bathroom suites
- Roof coverings
- Door entry systems
We also upgrade properties to improve insulation and energy efficiency, helping reduce fuel poverty.
If your property is in this year’s Planned Maintenance Programme you will be notified in writing with details about the contract, what to expect, estimated timescales, and anything you need to do to prepare for the works.