The majority of repairs are Link’s responsibility but there are some that are yours as a tenant.
Our responsibility is to keep the structure, the outside of your home, the plumbing and electric and heating systems we provide in good repair. Where we are responsible, our response time will be based on one of our response categories.
As a Link tenant, you are also responsible for some repairs and these are detailed below.
Please note this is not a full list - if you are not sure about a particular repair, please contact the Repairs Team on 03451 400 100 during office hours.
You are responsible for:
- Pest and vermin control (We will repair the building to prevent pest access, if necessary)
- Damage caused through neglect or misuse of the property by you, your family or visitors
- Cleaning common areas, like closes and staircases, where we do not provide a cleaning service
- Replacing the smoke alarm battery (We will help if the alarm is inaccessible)
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing lost keys and meeting the cost of re-entry if you are locked out
Tenant responsible repairs
You are expected to pay for repairs in your home caused by damage, misuse or neglect - some examples are listed below. If you ask us to fix these repairs - we will let you know the cost and will ask if you want us to carry out the repair of if you would like to organise your own contractor to do the work.
These repairs include:
|Lock change due to lost keys||£65||£13||£78|
|Board up window||£50||£10||£60|
|Renew double glazed unit||£150||£30||£180|
|Renew glass to single glazed window||£95||£19||£114|
If you want Link to carry out the repair we ask that 25% of the cost of the repair is made over the telephone by credit or debit card. The remainder of the cost can be paid in installments using allpay.
If you report a repair outside office hours there is an additional £20 added to each cost.
For further information, read our Tenant Responsible Repairs policy.
If our repairs service doesn't meet your expectations
If you are not happy with our repairs service please let us know by calling 03451 400 100, or by completing our online complaints form