Customer Enquiries: 03451 400 100
Customer Enquiries: 03451 400 100

Benefits advice

The recent changes to benefits caused by the Welfare Reform means you may not know what you are entitled to.

Our specialist advisors offer free confidential and impartial advice to Link tenants and sharing owners.

Benefits Advice

The following are just some of the benefits we can help you with:

  • Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payments
  • Housing Benefit
  • Discretionary Housing Payments
  • Council Tax Reduction Scheme
  • Scottish Welfare Fund
  • Tax Credits
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Universal Credit

Welfare Rights Advice

We can also help you understand the changes to the benefit system caused by Welfare Reform including advice and assistance on:

  • Universal Credit
  • Under-occupancy (bedroom tax)
  • Benefit Cap

If you need to claim Universal Credit you will be expected to claim it online. Alternatively, get in touch and we can help you do this. 

Need help and advice?

If you need advice or information please call the Advice Service on 01324 417174 or complete the online referral form.


What are the main changes?

Universal Credit

Personal Independence Payment

Benefit Cap


Bedroom Tax