In your neighbourhood
We aim to maintain the common areas in your development to a high standard and to keep them safe, clean and tidy.
Estate management is a vital part of the housing management and maintenance service. Our Estate Management policy ensures that the appearance and cleanliness of communal areas on your development are maintained to a high standard.
We regularly inspect the common areas in our developments with tenants who live in the area.
We do this to:
- Identify and report communal repairs to gardens and common areas
- Maintain landscaped areas to a high standard
- Identify areas, which would benefit from improved landscaping and source funding to carry out the improvements
- Ensure play areas, common paths, fencing, railings are free of any safety hazards
- Identify and remove graffiti
- Ensure closes and backcourts are cleaned and maintained to an acceptable standard
- Identify those who breach tenancy conditions that lead to deterioration of the estate
We also look after a number of our developments' garden areas as part of our landscape maintenance contract. Your tenancy agreement will advise if we provide this service to you.
We currently use two contractors to carry out this work - Land Engineering for the East and Nurture Landscapes Ltd in the West.
They carry out a number of visits each year to carry out certain work including:
- Litter collection (26 visits a year)
- Mowing common ground (16 visits a year)
- Shrub bed maintenance (6 visits a year)
- Pruning shrubs - summer (6 visits a year)
- Pruning shrubs - winter (1 visit a year)
- Weed control (1 visit a year)
- Mowing rough grass (6 visits a year - specific areas only)
- Tree maintenance / removal (as required)
For more information
If you would more information out estate management or landscape maintenance please call the Customer Service Centre on 03451 400 100 or complete the online enquiry form