Customer Enquiries: 03451 400 100
Customer Enquiries: 03451 400 100

Need to move

If you want to move house, there are a number of other options available, whether you want to continue to rent or would like to get into home ownership.

Renting options

Transfer to another Link property

If you want to transfer to another Link property you can apply under any of the systems we use. Properties will be allocated to the person who makes best use of it, such as using all the bedrooms, or who needs any special adaptations that have already been made to the property.

Mutual exchange

A mutual exchange is when you swap properties with another Link tenant or a tenant of another housing association or council.

You can search for new homes and advertise your property on Homeswapper (a national mutual exchange service) or HouseExchange (for properties in Edinburgh and Inverclyde) 

Intermediate Rent

Intermediate rent properties are set at a rent lower than private properties and aimed at individuals and households who may be unable to buy in their local housing market. 

Sheltered Housing

Our sheltered housing complexes encourage independent living where older people have the opportunity to enjoy company in a supportive environment and are available to single people or couples aged 60 or over. 

Buy a home

Shared Equity

Shared equity schemes allow people on relatively low incomes who can’t afford to pay the full price to buy a property either on the open market or at one of Link’s developments.

Shared Ownership

Shared ownership combines renting with buying. It allows you to have a stake in the ownership of your home if you are currently unable to buy outright. You choose the size of the initial share then pay a monthly rent on the rest.