The majority of repairs are our responsibility, however, there are some that are yours as a tenant.
It is our responsibility to keep the structure, the outside of your home, the plumbing and electric and heating systems we provide in good repair. Where we are responsible, our response time will be based on one of our response categories.
You are responsible for:
- Pest and vermin control (we will repair the building to prevent pest access, if necessary)
- Damage caused through neglect or misuse of the property by you, your family or visitors
- Cleaning common areas, like closes and staircases, where we do not provide a cleaning service
- Replacing the smoke alarm battery (we will help if the alarm is inaccessible)
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing lost keys and meeting the cost of re-entry if you are locked out
Please note this is not a full list - if you are not sure about a particular repair, please contact the Repairs Team on 03451 400 100 during office hours.
- Tenant responsible repairs
You are expected to pay for repairs in your home caused by damage, misuse or neglect - some examples are listed below.
The costs below came into effect from 1 April 2018 and include VAT.
Repair Total cost Lock change due to lost keys £79.96 Blocked toilet £61.50 Blocked sink/shower £61.50 Board up window £61.50 Tripped electrics £61.50 Renew double glazed unit £184.50 Renew glass to single glazed unit £116.86
If you want us to carry out these repairs, we will ask that 25% of the cost of the repair is made over the telephone by credit or debit card. The remainder of the cost can be paid in installments using allpay.
If you report a repair outside office hours there is an additional £20 added to each cost.
For further information, read our Tenant Responsible Repairs policy.
If our service doesn't meet your expectations
If you are not happy with our repairs service please let us know by calling 03451 400 100, or by completing our online feedback form.