Need to move?

If you want to move house, there are a number of options available, whether you want to continue to rent or would like to get into home ownership.

Renting options

Transfer to another Link property

If you want to transfer to another Link property you can apply through Homehunt, Edindex (for Edinburgh), Fife Housing Register (for Fife) and Inverclyde Common Housing Register (for Inverclyde).  A property will be allocated to the person who can make the best use of it. This can include using all the bedrooms, or requiring special adaptations that have already been made to the property.

Please visit our social rent page for more information.

Mutual exchange

A mutual exchange is when you swap properties with another Link tenant or a tenant of another housing association or council.

You can search for new homes and advertise your property on Homeswapper (a national mutual exchange service) or HouseExchange (for properties in Edinburgh and Inverclyde) 

Mid market rent

Mid market rent properties are set at a rent lower than private properties and aimed at individuals and households who may be unable to buy in their local housing market. 

Sheltered housing

Our sheltered housing complexes encourage independent living for older people to have the opportunity to enjoy company in a supportive environment. These properties are available to single people or couples aged 60 and over. 

Buying a home

Shared Equity

Shared Equity schemes allow people on relatively low incomes who can’t afford to pay the full price to buy a property either on the open market or at one of Link’s developments.

Shared Ownership

Shared Ownership combines renting with buying. It allows you to have a stake in the ownership of your home if you are currently unable to buy outright. You choose the size of the initial share then pay a monthly rent on the rest.