We aim to maintain the common areas in your development to keep them safe, clean and tidy.
Estate management is a vital part of our housing management and maintenance service.
Our estate management policy ensures the appearance and cleanliness of communal areas in your development are maintained to a high standard.
We regularly inspect common areas with tenants who live in the development.
In doing this, we:
- Identify and report communal repairs to gardens and common areas
- Maintain landscaped areas to a high standard
- Identify areas, which would benefit from improved landscaping and source funding to carry out the improvements
- Ensure play areas, common paths, fencing and railings are free of any safety hazards
- Identify and remove graffiti
- Ensure closes and backcourts are cleaned and maintained to an acceptable standard
- Identify those who breach tenancy conditions that lead to deterioration of the estate
As part of our landscape maintenance contract, we look after a number of our developments' garden areas. Your tenancy agreement will advise if we provide this service for you.
We currently use the contractor Nurture to carry out this work. They carry out a number of visits each year to deliver work, including:
- Litter collection (26 visits a year)
- Mowing common ground (16 visits a year)
- Shrub bed maintenance (six visits a year)
- Pruning shrubs - summer (six visits a year)
- Pruning shrubs - winter (one visit a year)
- Weed control (one visit a year)
- Mowing rough grass (six visits a year - specific areas only)
- Tree maintenance / removal (as required)
If you would like more information about estate management or landscape maintenance, please call the Customer Service Centre on 03451 400 100 or complete our online enquiry form.