We aim to keep the common areas in your development safe, clean and tidy.
Estate management is a vital part of our housing management and maintenance service.
Our estate management policy makes sure communal areas in your development are maintained to a high standard.
We regularly inspect common areas with tenants who live in the development.
In doing this, we:
- Identify and report communal repairs to gardens and common areas
- Maintain landscaped areas to a high standard
- Identify areas, which would benefit from improved landscaping and source funding to carry out the improvements
- Ensure play areas, common paths, fencing and railings are free of any safety hazards
- Identify and remove graffiti
- Ensure closes and backcourts are cleaned and maintained to an acceptable standard
- Identify those who breach tenancy conditions and may cause deterioration of the estate
As part of our landscape maintenance contract, we look after a number of our developments' garden areas. Your tenancy agreement will tell you if we provide this service for you.
We use various contractors to carry out this work:
- East and central Scotland - Idverde Ltd
- Lanarkshire and Glasgow – Inex
- Port Glasgow and Larkfield – Ground Control
They carry out visits each year to deliver work, including:
- Litter collection (26 visits a year)
- Mowing common ground (16 visits a year)
- Shrub bed maintenance (six visits a year)
- Pruning shrubs - summer (six visits a year)
- Pruning shrubs - winter (one visit a year)
- Weed control (one visit a year)
- Mowing rough grass (six visits a year - specific areas only)
- Tree maintenance / removal (as needed)
If you would like more information, please call the Customer Service Centre on 03451 400 100. Or, you can complete our online enquiry form.