Why you should pay
Paying your rent is not a matter of choice and it’s important you pay on time.
You are responsible for ensuring your rent is paid each month. In addition, you may also have to pay for extra services such as common ground maintenance and communal stair cleaning or lighting. This will be explained in your tenancy agreement.
We use the money we collect to provide services such as repairs and improvements to your home.
Managing your rent
Our aim is to charge rents which people on a low to moderate income can afford but will also give us sufficient funds to maintain high standards of services and properties.
To allow us to manage your rent effectively, we will:
- Review rent and service charges every year
- Give you 28 days' notice of any increase to your rent or service charges if you have a Short Assured Tenancy and three months' notice of any increase in you have a Private Residential Tenancy
- Carry out annual visits to ensure you are still happy with your home
- Carry out regular visits to your development to ensure the communal areas are being maintained and managed
- Set yearly targets to reduce the number of tenants who miss payments
Link Housing Association Limited, trading as Link2Let, is a registered company incorporated in Scotland under the Companies Acts (Company Number SC216300) and is a Registered Letting Agent under the Letting Agent Registration (Scotland) Regulations 2016 (Registration Number LARN1907019)