Repairs to a PSL property
If the repair is an emergency and there is a risk to your safety or serious damage to the property, it is important you call us immediately.
Ways to report a repair
You can report a repair in a number of ways:
- Call us on 0330 303 0087
- Text us for a call back on 07850 632886
- Report your repair online - Please note you should only complete this form for routine repairs
Out of hours emergencies
- Complete loss of power - call Scottish Power on 0845 272 7999
- Complete loss of water - call Scottish Water on 0845 600 8855
- Emergency repairs - call our out-of-hours service on 0330 303 0087
We split repairs into three categories, emergency, urgent and routine as this determines how long we will take to respond and complete the repair (where possible).
Your PSL tenant handbook will tell you how long we have to complete certain repairs.
The majority of repairs are our responsibility but there are some that are yours.
Please note this is not a full list - if you are not sure about a particular repair, please call 0330 303 0087 during office hours or complete our online repairs form.
You are responsible for:
- Damage caused through neglect or misuse of the property by you, your family or visitors
- Cleaning common areas, like closes and staircases, where we do not provide a cleaning service
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing lost keys and meeting the cost of re-entry if you are locked out
We are responsible for:
- Replacing glass in windows (unless the damage was caused by you, your family or visitors)
- Clearing blocked waste pipes (unless the damage was caused by you, your family or visitors)
- Pest and vermin control
Safety in the home
We carry out a number of checks in your home each year to make sure the appliances are safe to use. These include:
- Checking all gas appliances such as boilers and fires
- Checking all electrical appliances such as fridge freezers, washing machines, electrical sockets and fuse boards
- Testing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors