Upper Achintore - Two Bed (NSSE)
Through the Scottish Government’s New Supply Shared Equity (NSSE) scheme, buyers can purchase an equity stake in the property of between 60% and 80% subject to eligibility.
The development comprises 8 homes for sale through New Supply Shared Equity, 19 homes for mid market rent and 55 homes for general needs affordable rent. Houses for sale through New Supply Shared Equity are within zone 5 of the wider development and available in blocks 15 and 17, both of which include a mix of two and three bedroom houses.
The property specifics for the 2 bedroom terraced property at Upper Achintore, Fort William:
- Separate Kitchen and Living room
- Two Double sized bedrooms with fitted wardrobes
- Air Source Heat Pump
- Private in-curtilage parking
- Private Garden
- Integrated electric oven, hob and cooker hood.
- White, fitted kitchen with laminate worktop and white ceramic tile splashback , and single lever chrome mixer tap.
- Upstairs bathroom with shower over bath and d ownstairs WC.
|Type B – Two bed mid-terraced house – Internal floor area 83m squared
|£105,000 - £140,000
To protect the supply of affordable housing in the area, the Scottish Ministers will retain a 20% equity stake in the property, known as a ‘golden share’. For example, if a buyer purchased an initial equity stake of 70% and wished to increase their share in future, they may only increase up to a maximum of 80% as the property has a ‘golden share’ provision attached. When the property is sold, the Scottish Government must be offered the opportunity to purchase it.
The scheme is aimed at households on low to moderate incomes, who can demonstrate they can’t buy a new build house to suit their needs without help from the NSSE scheme.
The scheme is available to all first-time buyers, however, priority is given to:
- people aged over 60
- social renters (people who rent from the council or a housing association)
- disabled people
- members of the armed forces
- veterans who have left the armed forces within the past two years
- widows, widowers and other partners of service personnel for up to two years after their partner lost their life while serving
- existing or previous homeowners who have experienced a significant change in circumstances, for example, a marital breakdown.
How to apply
To reserve a property, please complete an application form stating which plot you would like to reserve (you can include a first and second choice - please refer to the sales brochure for details of each plot). Plots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis to eligible applicants on a low to moderate income, on receipt of a complete application with supporting documents. Applications will only be assessed when all supporting documents have been received.
Please have the following documents ready to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner and to give yourself the best chance of securing your chosen plot:
- One mortgage decision in principle, unless you are over 60 and applying without a mortgage
- Your most recent 3 months’ bank statements for all savings held for each applicant
- Your most recent 3 months’ (or 12 weeks) payslips for each applicant
- If you are self-employed, a copy of your last years accounts or most recent SA302 tax form
- Your most recent award notice for any benefit payments including Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit and Personal Independence Payment
- Confirmation of all savings held for each applicant
- Proof of accommodation status such as tenancy agreement, mortgage redemption statement or letter from parent or guardian if living with them
- If you have a disability, a letter or report from a medical professional, such as a Consultant or your GP, advising what your housing need is and why your current home is unsuitable (e.g. you are unable to manage the stairs or require a bedroom on ground floor)
- If you have left the Armed Forces within the last two years, a discharge letter or other official document showing the date you left
If your application is successful, we will contact you and request that you pay a reservation fee of £250 to secure the property. If you choose to withdraw your application after you have paid the reservation fee, £100 will be refunded.
More Information on this development can be found on the brochure.
To reserve a property, you must first apply to the NSSE scheme. Please complete the online application form, which can be found only on the Link Housing Website, within the property advert.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01324 417 135.
To reserve a property, please complete an application form stating which plot you would like to reserve (you can include a first and second choice - please refer to the sales brochure for details of each plot). Plots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis on receipt of a complete application with supporting documents. Applications will only be assessed when all supporting documents have been received.