Edinburgh Empty Homes Initiative
Link works in partnership with the City of Edinburgh Council to deliver the Edinburgh Empty Homes Initiative.
This initiative helps homeowners make better use of their empty properties whilst providing affordable, safe and secure homes for people in need of housing in Edinburgh.
Through the Edinburgh Empty Homes Loan Fund, Link can provide a loan of up to £15,000 to help with repair and renovation costs. nnn
When you leave a property empty you not only miss the opportunity to make money from it but you can face substantial costs by leaving it unused.
- the longer it is empty the less valuable it becomes
- you face higher maintenance, insurance, security and Council Tax costs
- the property could be a target for vandalism, graffiti or illegal occupation
- the property could be exposed to dry or wet rot, or pest infections
To qualify, properties must meet the following criteria:
- they must have one or two bedrooms
- they must have been empty for six months or more
- generally, there should not be another loan secured on the property
What we do
Link manages any renovations and rents out properties as part of the initiative.
We have extensive experience in property management and have supervised a variety of improvements for different housing needs. We have access to a range of building and finishing contractors and offer a project management service to suit each property.
Once the empty home is at a suitable standard to rent, our Link2Let team will market and rent out the property for you and provide a management service for up to seven years.