Link Private Sector Leasing (a trading name of Link Housing Association) provide a management service on behalf of the city of Edinburgh Council to manage all aspects of the Private Sector Leasing scheme on their behalf.
- What data we need
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we process the following information about you:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- National insurance number
- Next of kin
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Disability and health information which may affect your tenancy
- Identification documents, such as; passport, driving licence and birth certificate
- Why we need it
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application and complaints made
- to analyse the what we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- to contact you for your views on our services.
- Where we store your data
We store all data relating to your tenancy on a secure housing management system and electronic document management system.
- How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Document Type Retention Period CEC Referral Form 1 year after end of tenancy Supporting Documents / ID 1 year after end of tenancy CEC Referral Form 1 year after end of tenancy Supporting Documents / ID 1 year after end of tenancy Complaints correspondence 1 year after end of tenancy Equality information 1 year after end of tenancy Privacy Notice 1 year after end of tenancy ASB File 1 year after end of tenancy Arrears correspondence 1 year after end of tenancy Breach Tenancy 1 year after end of tenancy Household Details 1 year after end of tenancy Legal Action 1 year after end of tenancy Abandonment notice 1 year after end of tenancy Notice of Termination of tenancy 1 year after end of tenancy Tenancy Sustainment form 1 year after end of tenancy Death certificates 1 year after end of tenancy Notes on system 1 year after end of tenancy
- What’s the legal justification?
We will process your personal data under the contractual obligations set out in your lease and any special categories of personal data with your explicit consent.
- Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- Repairs contractors and the owner of the property to instruct repairs
- Housing management computer system provider
- Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit
- Payments made by you to us
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us, including information obtained from Police Scotland
- Reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour
- Reports from City of Edinburgh Council departments
- Updating your information
If your details change, please contact the Private Sector Leasing team on 0330 303 0087 to inform us to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.