Our vision and values
Link's vision is to be a provider of choice and excellence in the delivery of a wide range of socially inclusive regeneration, housing and support services.
Our aim is to improve the lives of more people. We do this by providing homes that people want to live in and by delivering high quality services that are affordable – especially to people on low incomes.
Our vision is underpinned by our mission statement which in turn guides our strategic objectives:
- Build at least 1800 new rented homes over the next five years that meet people’s needs including expansion into the private rented sector.
- Seek opportunities to build for sale, low cost, good quality homes.
- Ensure Link homes are well maintained, efficient to heat and are adaptable as people’s needs change.
- Work with people to improve their communities.
- Support social enterprises through our purchasing choices and provide help to organisations that share our social enterprise principles.
- Find out from customers what they want from us and use these insights to drive service improvement.
- Support and encourage our employees, volunteers and board members to reach their potential.
- Help more people to fulfil their potential through employment, training or volunteering.
- Take care of our resources and use them to benefit our customers by benchmarking, reviewing value for money and conducting social impact analyses.
- Use our networks to learn from and influence others, and use our knowledge and experience to help others to maximise our impact- particularly in the area of health and social care integration.
Our values underpin all our activities, working practices and strategies
We all take responsibility for our actions
We work hard to understand how people feel as individuals and treat them with dignity
We strive to ensure there is a positive social impact from our activities and work with others who share our aims
We are proactive in providing opportunities for people to engage with us and help us improve our services
We are all equal and different and we aim to provide inclusive environments for work and for living
We challenge ourselves and others towards excellence and innovation in all we do
We strive to be open and honest about what we do and how we do it