Report a common repair

You can report a common repair in a number of ways. Remember, the more information you can give us about the repair you’re reporting, the better.

Emergency repairs service for communal areas

If you need to report an emergency repair, please call 03451 400 100 option 1 for repairs. Due to the current Government advice, we may take longer to carry out certain repairs than normal.

Planned non-urgent repairs and consultations associated with that are on hold until Scottish Government guidelines on movement restrictions and essential work are removed.

Owners can report problems or issues relating to the following:

  • Communal stairwells including lighting, flooring, banisters, windows and walls
  • Close doors or door entry systems
  • Lifts
  • Loss of power to communal areas
  • Standard of close or window cleaning
  • Communal fencing
  • Communal landscape maintenance
  • Vandalism to common parts

Ways to report a repair

Response times

Category Example Response time

Emergency repairs

Repairs that require immediate attention to ensure the safety of tenants and the security of the property. This includes total loss of water or electricity, total loss of heating (in cold weather), serious roof leaks, breaches of security to outside doors and windows Within four hours
Urgent Repairs that require attention to prevent further deterioration to the property or undue risk or inconvenience to the tenant, including plumbing leaks, central heating faults, blocked drains, minor electrical faults Within three working days
Routine Any other day-to-day repairs such as minor joinery or plumbing repairs Within 10 working days

What are my rights to communal maintenance and repairs?

If you are unsure of your legal rights and responsibilities you can get information from Under One Roof.

For independent consumer advice you may wish to speak with an organisation such as Citizens Advice Scotland on 03454 04 05 06.

For specific advice regarding our Written Statement of Services, Property Specific Schedule and your Title Deeds you may wish to seek legal advice from your solicitor.

Stay Connected