Selling your home
You can sell your share in your shared ownership home at any time.
Before you sell, there are a few steps you need to follow:
- Let us know you are looking to sell your share of your home. (You will only be able to sell your property if all occupancy and common charges are paid in full on or before settlement)
- Share your solicitor’s details with us so we can process the sale
- Arrange and pay for a home report to be carried out by an accredited surveyor
- Arrange for your property to be sold by an estate agent. We will also include an advert on our website. (Owners are responsible for all the costs of the sales process, including our legal fees, which are approximately £350.00)
- To sell your share, a prospective purchaser will have to complete an application for the shared ownership scheme and be accepted onto the scheme.
In some cases, if someone is interested in buying more of the property than the sharing owner’s share, the owner can ask Link to sell the portion of the share still owned by Link.
In this case, the cost of the home report will be split equally between the sharing owner and Link, and each party will pay their own legal fees.
For more information, please contact our Shared Ownership team by emailing email@example.com or call 01324 417155.