Report a repair
You can report a repair in a number of ways. Remember, the more information you can give us about the repair the better.
During office hours
If the repair is an emergency and there is a risk to your safety or serious damage to the property, it is important you call us straightaway on 03451 400 100 .
If you are a Link Housing tenant and your repair is routine you can:
- Call us on 03451 400 100
- Text us on 07557 183553 for a call back
Private Sector Leasing tenants should refer to Repairs in your PSL property
- EMERGENCY REPAIR IN YOUR HOME - call our out-of-hours service on 0800 7837937
- Text message service for hearing-impaired tenants - Hearing-impaired tenants who would like to report an emergency repair outwith office hours can text 0780 000 5709. Please make sure to include your name, full address, access details, housing association, and the nature of your emergency in your message. You will be charged your standard SMS fee.
National emergency service providers
- GAS - call SGN's national gas emergency number on 0800 111 999
- NO POWER - call Scottish Power on 0845 272 7999
- NO WATER - call Scottish Water on 0845 600 8855
Please note, if you call any of the national emergency service providers, you should also follow-up with a call to our emergency repair line on 0800 7837937.
We split repairs into three categories - emergency, urgent and routine - to help prioritise the repairs we carry out.
How long we will take to respond and complete the repair depends on the type of repair.
|Repairs that need immediate attention for the safety of tenants and the security of the property. This includes total loss of water, electricity, or heating (in cold weather), serious roof leaks, breaches of security to outside doors and windows||Within four hours|
|Urgent||Repairs that need attention to stop further deterioration to the property or undue risk or inconvenience to the tenant. This includes plumbing leaks, central heating faults, blocked drains, minor electrical faults||Within three working days|
|Routine||Any other day-to-day repairs such as minor joinery or plumbing repairs||Within 10 working days|
Right to Repair
Some repairs are covered by the Right to Repair regulations. This means if a qualifying repair is not attended to within the agreed timescale, you have the right to appoint another contractor. You also qualify for compensation for the inconvenience if the repair is not carried out.
When you report a repair, we will let you know if it falls into this scheme. Or, you can find out more about Right to Repair on the Scottish Government's website .
If our service doesn’t meet your expectations
If you are not happy with our repairs service please let us know by calling 03451 400 100. Or, you can use our online feedback form.