Moving in

A property management officer will visit you within ten weeks of you moving into your new home. This is to see how you are getting on and to answer any questions you may have.

When you move in there are a few things you need to remember to do:

  • Put your spare set of keys in a safe place
  • Choose and register with a gas and electricity supplier 
  • Contact your local council to register for and pay Council Tax
  • Choose and register with a telephone provider
  • Organise Home Contents Insurance


Register or switch energy supplier

Looking on comparison websites can help you find the best energy deals and show you how to switch energy suppliers.


Insure the contents of your home

We insure all our properties. However, this only covers the building, fixtures and fittings, glass in windows and external doors and fixed sanitary wareIt’s your responsibility to organise home contents insurance, covering your furniture, floor coverings, internal decoration and personal belongings.

What is home contents insurance?

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your belongings. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen. Home contents insurance can help give you peace of mind.

Why do I need it?

We do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement so it’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover to help you decide if you need one.

How can we help?

To help you decide if home contents insurance is right for you, we have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies.

This home contents insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

  • Ask your local housing officer for an application pack
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286
  • Visit  to request a free call back


Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at

Stay Connected